Embodied movement education and well-being
Stretch. Eccentric contractions strength training
This class is based on eccentric contractions strength training. Eccentric contractions is a motion of an active muscle while it is lengthening under load.
Stretch was developed by Russian choreographer G. Abramov for professional dancers as a daily body conditioning training.
It's a high intensity eccentric resistance training, which helps to gain muscle strength in the most efficient way.
Benefits of the training:
- muscle growth
- increased muscle strength and power
- low probability of injury in comparison to classic dead weight lifting training based on concentric contractions
- increased metabolic rate
- perfect for last stage of rehab of low extremities
- good for high performance athletes
- an alternative strength training for older adults and patients experiencing excessive muscle loss.
For this class you don't need any special equipment. It is possible to do this class in a small space. The exercises has simple form and are performed with low speed. You are guided by the coach and learn the technique how to perform them in a correct way. You also learn how to build your own workout from simple exercises to more complicated.
Duration: 1 hour.
Cost: 1 class of 1.5 hour = 15 EUR, paid in advance 5 classes = 65.00 EUR, Trial = 5 EUR